Is to help people find the balance in their life between: lifestyles, wellness, wellbeing, mindset and physical health.
Lifestyle: A lifestyle typically reflects an individual’s attitudes, way of life, values, or world view. Therefore, a lifestyle is a means of forging a sense of self and to create cultural symbols that resonate with personal identity.
Wellness- Wellness is an active process of becoming aware of and making choices towards a healthy and fulfilling life. … “Wellness is a state of complete physical, mental, and social well-being, and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity.”
Wellness is multidimensional including: Spiritual, Physical, Emotional, Career, Intellectual, environmental and Social
Spiritual: Spiritual wellness is being connected to something greater than yourself and having a set of values, principles, morals and beliefs that provide a sense of purpose and meaning to life, then using those principles to guide your actions.
Physical: Physical wellness is the ability to maintain a healthy quality of life that allows us to get the most out of our daily activities without undue fatigue or physical stress
5 Key Aspects of Physical Wellness
- Sleep. It’s common knowledge that most people need 8 hours of sleep a night to stay healthy and alert. …
- Eating Well. Contrary to what most people think, eating healthy doesn’t mean feeling hungry all the time or eating nothing but lettuce for the rest of your life. …
- Physical Activity. …
- Hygiene. …
Emotional: Emotional wellness inspires self-care, relaxation, stress reduction and the development of inner strength. It is important to be attentive to both positive and negative feelings and be able to understand how to handle these emotions.
There are many ways to improve or maintain good emotional health.
- Be aware of your emotions and reactions. …
- Express your feelings in appropriate ways. …
- Think before you act. …
- Manage stress. …
- Strive for balance. …
- Take care of your physical health. …
- Connect with others. …
- Find purpose and meaning.
Career: Career wellness can be defined as engaging in work that provides personal satisfaction and enrichment and that’s consistent with your values, goals, and lifestyle.
Explore Occupational Wellness
- Don’t settle, keep motivated to work towards what you want.
- Increase your skills and knowledge to advance your occupational wellness goals.
- Find the benefits and positives in your current job.
- Create connections with your co-workers.
- Avoid over working yourself, find a work/life balance.
Intellectual: Intellectual wellness refers to active participation in scholastic, cultural, and community activities. It is important to gain and maintain intellectual wellness because it expands knowledge and skills in order to live a stimulating, successful life.
How do you maintain intellectual health?
How to look after your mental health
- Talk about your feelings. Talking about your feelings can help you stay in good mental health and deal with times when you feel troubled. …
- Keep active. …
- Eat well. …
- Drink sensibly. …
- Keep in touch. …
- Ask for help. …
- Take a break. …
- Do something you’re good at.
Environmental wellness inspires us to live a lifestyle that is respectful of our surroundings. This realm encourages us to live in harmony with the Earth by taking action to protect it. Environmental well-being promotes interaction with nature and your personal environment.
Environmental Wellness Challenge Ideas
- Ride your bike, walk or take public transportation instead of driving.
- Recycle and compost.
- Plant and tend a garden.
- Use natural cleaning products.
- Choose your own healthy habit in this category.
- Remove clutter from your home or office.
Social: Social wellness refers to the relationships we have and how we interact with others. Our relationships can offer support during difficult times. Social wellness involves building healthy, nurturing and supportive relationships as well as fostering a genuine connection with those around you.
Signs of Social Wellness
- Development of assertiveness skills not passive or aggressive ones.
- Balancing social and personal time.
- The ability to be who you are in all situations.
- Becoming engaged with other people in your community.
- Valuing diversity and treat others with respect.
Here are a few ways you can improve upon your social wellness.
- Develop Good Communication Skills.
- Build Healthy, Meaningful Relationships.
- Respect and Love Yourself.
- Create a Safe Support System.
Well-being is the experience of health, happiness, and prosperity. It includes having good mental health, high life satisfaction, a sense of meaning or purpose, and ability to manage stress.
Physical health is defined as the condition of your body, taking into consideration everything from the absence of disease to fitness level. Physical health is critical for overall well-being, and can be affected by: Lifestyle: diet, level of physical activity, and behavior (for instance, smoking).